Spiritual Practices for Everyday
Associates’ Work/Study Week 2017 with Joan Alexander
A PRACTICE is an intention, a forgetting and a remembering, an ongoing journey.
- It may flow like a river in the springtime – fast and furious.
- It may be still and swamp-like in the summer - with flies buzzing along its surface.
- It may be clear and green and waiting in the autumn – reflecting the clouds overhead.
- And, it may seem to disappear in the wintertime – sleeping underneath a blanket of ice and snow.
SPIRITUALITY is like the river – constant yet ever changing. Our beliefs, values, and traditions change over time; so will our practices.
During Associates’ Week, we will explore a different spiritual practice each day. These practices may include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- walking the Labyrinth (indoor and outdoor)
- centering prayer/meditation (nature)
- Lectio Divina (with scripture)
- mindfulness (intentional nourishment)
- Dream Mapping (Unopened Letters from God, B. Haden)
Join me for a week of walking, dreaming, resting, and listening to Spirit in the beautiful setting of Sorrento Centre.
JOAN ALEXANDER is a spiritual director certified by the Haden Institute (North Carolina, USA) and the Mount Carmel Spiritual Centre (Ontario, CA).
Having moved to the Kootenays in 2015 (from Ontario) with her spouse Elizabeth, an Anglican priest, Joan enjoys sharing their home with international students, welcoming clients to her spiritual direction practice, and facilitating educational and experiential workshops in her community of Castlegar and beyond.
Meditation, dream mapping, and labyrinth walking open Joan’s heart to a deeper understanding of Love in our beautiful, yet hurting, world.
- Course fee: by donation
- Not a Sorrento Centre Associate? See here »
- Register for the Associates' Work/Study Week here »
- About accommodation » and meals »