What is a Sorrento Centre Associate?
Sorrento Centre exists because of the generous support of hundreds of people just like you! As a non-profit society, we depend on our Sorrento Centre Associates’ gifts of their time and talent as well as the treasure of their money and their wisdom.
The annual membership for 2018 is $50. The proceeds of these fees will be directed towards our bursary fund, making it possible for others to have the opportunity to join us at the Centre.
As a Sorrento Centre Associate you will receive regular email updates and Sorrento news, and participate in policy making and election of Directors through the Annual General Meeting.
You will also have an exclusive invitation to the May Work/Study Week and the Thanksgiving Work/Study Weekend. Participation in these work/study events are priced as a “pay-what-you-can” donations.
We would be delighted to answer your questions. Call to find out how to become a Sorrento Centre Associate?
- Crossing Jordan: Baptism as holy inhabiting - Associates' Work/Study Week - with Michael Thompson: Sunday, May 6 – Saturday, May 12, 2018 - details »
- Associates' Work/Study Weekend - October 5-8, 2018 - details TBA »
- Annual General Meeting - date TBA
- The Right Reverend James A. J. Cowan, President of the Sorrento Centre Society and Chair of the Board, invites nominations from the Associates for the Search Committee for the next Executive Director of Sorrento Centre.
The Search Committee will have two positions for Associates. If you are interested in serving on the Search Committee you may self-nominate or be nominated by an Associate. Nominations will be received until Friday, June 12. Selected nominees will be contacted after June 12 and all Associates will be informed of the membership of the Search Committee.
For more information and to complete the online nomination form please click here.
- For more about the Sorrento Centre, see here »
- Sorrento Parish Partners - here »
- Bylaws here »
- Governance Policies here »