to begin in August
+James A.J. Cowan, Chair of the Board of Directors, is delighted to announce that the Board of Directors of Sorrento Centre has appointed The Reverend Michael Shapcott as the next Executive Director of the Centre.
Michael will take up residence at the Centre and begin work in August of this year.
- Course Offerings - See here »
- Summer Program Mailer - see here »
- Registration online or by phone - see here ».
- Archbishop Fred Hiltz, Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada, will lead the Advent Retreat: Mary – Mother, Disciple, and Apostle of the Lord at Sorrento Centre - see here »
- All members of the public, visitors, guests at Sorrento Centre, family and friends are welcome and invited to attend any - or all! - of our free Public Lecture Series at Sorrento Centre.
- Presentations are held each Wednesday @ 7:30 pm throughout our summer programming from July 11 to August 8.
- Week 2: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 @ 7:30pm - The Hidden Humour in Holy Scripture with John Bell - details »
- Week 3: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 @ 7:30pm - Praying with the Trinity Icon with Brother James Koester - details »
- Week 4: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 @ 7:30pm - Gerotranscendence: Finding God in Aging with Marv Westwood and Lin Langley - details »
- Week 5: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 @ 7:30pm - Beyond Sola Scriptura; Extra-Canonical Gospels, Poetry, and Other Sacred Texts in the 21st Century with Anna Greenwood-Lee - details »
- Free parking - for a map to Sorrento Centre, see here »
- For details - see here »
- Poster download and bulletin inserts for parishes or to share with colleagues and friends are available see here »
- Executive Director Appointed - the Board of Directors of Sorrento Centre has appointed The Reverend Michael Shapcott as the next Executive Director of the Centre. Michael will take up residence at the Centre, and begin work in August of this year. - view here »
- Welcome Summer! Most recent Sorrento Centre emailer (June 28, 2018) - view here »
- In this email update: - Summer mailout - Associate Week Photos - Young Sojourners Photos and Reflection - Part one of introducing the 2-month SYS team
- Sign up to receive email news and updates - here »
- Review the archive of recent mailings - here »
- Visit the Sorrento Centre Facebook site here » / current pictures and updates!
- A MUSIC LOVER'S FESTIVAL! SATURDAY AUGUST 25, 2018 from 11 am - Bring a low-backed lawn chair and a sun hat and enjoy a wonderful day! An international lineup of stellar old-time and bluegrass acts plus the incredible talent of faculty performers! Family-friendly! Great food! Amazing music! All-ages craft area! Local artisans! Organic produce from Sorrento Centre’s Farm! Get your tickets in advance or at the gate. Rain or shine! For concert lineup, links to performer websites, FAQ, tickets and information, visit Nimblefingers at www.nimblefingers.ca / Visit Nimblefingers YouTube Channel here »
Nourish yourself – connect with creation! Experience our faith-based farm!
Sorrento Centre Farm is now entering its 8th year of producing fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers for our guests and community.
Our farm is a deeply integrated element of life at Sorrento Centre. While spending time with your family and friends in Sorrento, you will have abundant opportunities to engage with creation on our farm.
Some of the opportunities include
- Farm to Table: fresh farm produce served in the dining room
- Creation Integration: Children and Youth Program farm activities
- Share in the Abundance: seasonal produce available
- Farm Tours: Everyone is invited to join us for a farm tour
CALGARY/SORRENTO – The Diocese of Calgary has announced that it is contributing $750,000 to the “Next 50” Campaign for Sorrento Centre, the Anglican Retreat and Conference Centre located on Shuswap Lake in Sorrento, BC. Calgary is one of the nine Dioceses in Western Canada affiliated with Sorrento Centre....
We’ve had lots of guests at the Centre over the past couple of weeks who appear to have enjoyed their stays. Here’s what some of them have had to say:
- “Wonderful. The service and meals were top notch; we lacked for nothing. Staff at Sorrento Centre are friendly and helpful.”
- “Thank you for all you do to make the guests feel welcome and comfortable. It was inspiring to be part of a group who are committed and serious about their faith and honest and open in sharing belief and friendship.”
- “Program, food, hospitality, accommodation all great. … Very welcoming staff! Very lovely – peaceful. Thanks for a good experience! “Excellent facility for our needs. Beautiful surroundings and most friendly staff. Very happy with the abundance of fresh fruits and veggies.”
- “The place is a little bit of heaven. Thanks to your wonderful friendly staff. You make us feel very welcome.”
- “Thank you to all! I always enjoy my time here (this is the 5th). This is such a welcoming, mellow, spirit-filled place. There are always great people to meet, staff included.”
- John Bell leading "God Bless to Us our Bread" at Sorrento Centre - posted by Youthful Lutheran: here »
- Cursillo Kitchen Crew Sorrento Centre 2010 "Never never never give up" - posted by Dan Hines - here »
- BCAYM (Anglican Youth Movement) centennial announcement - here » - posted by BCAYM
- Flyover and Bluegrass - here » posted by David Gonella
- See Sorrento Centre's YouTube channel here »
- Enjoy some sounds from Swing Camp. See part of the choral performance lead by Brian Tate on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Art Expressions - The "Early Christians of the 21st Century" and the "Art and Spirit: Hands on and Hearts Open!" courses spent part of a morning together. See a video slideshow made by Scott McLeod of their time creating together on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Sounds from Morning Prayer - on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Summer Days sideshow to the music of Sorrento Centre workshop and worship resource leader Linnea Good - on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
Take a peak at a typical week of Summer at Sorrento Centre from the experience of our children, youth and Summer Youth Staff: here » [opens on a new webpage] Filled with worship, music, games, and many activities for the whole family in a beautiful outdoor space. Bring your whole family and join us for Summer 2012.Special thanks to Linnea Good for the use of her song "Who Am I" (unknown origin) from the album Swimmin' Like a Bird. Visit Linnea's website here ». Dan Hines, Linnea Good and David Jonsson are leading the worship and music for Week 4 2013
Compare and Contrast! See how much of a bargain Sorrento Centre cabanas are compared to the similar walled camping tents erected by the national parks "oTent-ic" program. For a description of the Parks Canada facility, plus suggestions, rules, and accomodation, reservation and site entry fees see here » . For information on Sorrento's Cabanas, see here »
Map of the Sorrento Centre campus online here »
View a gallery of all the web page banner headings here »