- THE 2018 COURSE LIST ONLINE list + links to course webpages -- See here »
- REGISTRATION OPEN online and by phone - see registration page ».
- UPDATES - Course changes or updates will also be posted to the course webpage and Sorrento's Facebook » & Twitter ». Want to receive occasional Sorrento email news? Subscribe here »
- WEB FIRST update This year the Program Guide is web only. A downloadable pdf will be available. A small printed booklet will also be mailed. Please call if you have any questions or concerns: 1-866-694-2409 or email: email@example.com
- FAITH AND COMMUNITY GROUPS & PRIVATE EVENTS - Events hosted at Sorrento Centre and sponsored by faith-based organizations, community and private groups are listed here »
- UPDATE! LIFE REVIEW is now reconfigured as "Two Opportunities for Life Review" 1) Discovering Your Own Story (an introductory workshop) and 2) Life Review: Going Further for people who have already completed an introductory workshop or equivalent with Marv Westwood, Dianne Westwood and Lin Langley - July 29-August 4, 2018 - see here »
- We welcome Michael Thompson, General Secretary of the Anglican Church of Canada with us this Spring for Associates Week: May 6-12, 2018. Michael will be leading our times of learning and prayer. We will also spend our week participating in work projects on site to help the Centre get ready for the summer season. Register today so we can prepare the work projects!
- Associates’ Work & Study Week: Crossing Jordan: Baptism as holy inhabiting with Michael Thompson – May 6-12, 2018 - see here »
- Name of Society: Sorrento Centre, Anglican Church of Canada
- Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Members of the Sorrento Centre Society will be held at: Sorrento Centre, 1159 Passchendaele Road, Sorrento, BC on: Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 9:00am.
- All Associates are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting. Associates of the Centre have voice and vote at the meeting.
- Please make sure that your Associates Membership has been paid ($50) for 2018 by contacting the Sorrento Centre Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-675-2421). Dues must be paid up by all Associates present at the AGM.
- Sincerely, James Cowan President of the Sorrento Society
- Would you like support Sorrento Centre as an Associate? See here »
- ASSISTANT COOK - Sorrento Centre is seeking an Assistant Cook with a minimum of 2 years kitchen experience in a leadership role. Kitchen operations begin in February, gaining momentum before the peak season of May through October, and wrapping up the beginning of December. Throughout the year we will have groups range in size from 10 people up to 250 people. Full time seasonal position. View/download position description here »
Sorrento Centre is looking for dynamic and energetic people to work in all departments. We will hire 15-20 people to join our staff for the summer months.
All staff must be 16 years or older.... and for youth volunteers who want to experience and contribute to the dynamic and energetic Summer Youth Staff community. Details here »
- Visit the Sorrento Centre Facebook site here » / current pictures and updates!
Nourish yourself – connect with creation! Experience our faith-based farm!
Sorrento Centre Farm is now entering its 8th year of producing fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers for our guests and community.
Our farm is a deeply integrated element of life at Sorrento Centre. While spending time with your family and friends in Sorrento, you will have abundant opportunities to engage with creation on our farm.
Some of the opportunities include
- Farm to Table: fresh farm produce served in the dining room
- Creation Integration: Children and Youth Program farm activities
- Share in the Abundance: seasonal produce available
- Farm Tours: Everyone is invited to join us for a farm tour
CALGARY/SORRENTO – The Diocese of Calgary has announced that it is contributing $750,000 to the “Next 50” Campaign for Sorrento Centre, the Anglican Retreat and Conference Centre located on Shuswap Lake in Sorrento, BC. Calgary is one of the nine Dioceses in Western Canada affiliated with Sorrento Centre....
We’ve had lots of guests at the Centre over the past couple of weeks who appear to have enjoyed their stays. Here’s what some of them have had to say:
- “Wonderful. The service and meals were top notch; we lacked for nothing. Staff at Sorrento Centre are friendly and helpful.”
- “Thank you for all you do to make the guests feel welcome and comfortable. It was inspiring to be part of a group who are committed and serious about their faith and honest and open in sharing belief and friendship.”
- “Program, food, hospitality, accommodation all great. … Very welcoming staff! Very lovely – peaceful. Thanks for a good experience! “Excellent facility for our needs. Beautiful surroundings and most friendly staff. Very happy with the abundance of fresh fruits and veggies.”
- “The place is a little bit of heaven. Thanks to your wonderful friendly staff. You make us feel very welcome.”
- “Thank you to all! I always enjoy my time here (this is the 5th). This is such a welcoming, mellow, spirit-filled place. There are always great people to meet, staff included.”
- John Bell leading "God Bless to Us our Bread" at Sorrento Centre - posted by Youthful Lutheran: here »
- Cursillo Kitchen Crew Sorrento Centre 2010 "Never never never give up" - posted by Dan Hines - here »
- BCAYM (Anglican Youth Movement) centennial announcement - here » - posted by BCAYM
- Flyover and Bluegrass - here » posted by David Gonella
- See Sorrento Centre's YouTube channel here »
- Enjoy some sounds from Swing Camp. See part of the choral performance lead by Brian Tate on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Art Expressions - The "Early Christians of the 21st Century" and the "Art and Spirit: Hands on and Hearts Open!" courses spent part of a morning together. See a video slideshow made by Scott McLeod of their time creating together on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Sounds from Morning Prayer - on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
- Summer Days sideshow to the music of Sorrento Centre workshop and worship resource leader Linnea Good - on Sorrento Centre YouTube channel »
Take a peak at a typical week of Summer at Sorrento Centre from the experience of our children, youth and Summer Youth Staff: here » [opens on a new webpage] Filled with worship, music, games, and many activities for the whole family in a beautiful outdoor space. Bring your whole family and join us for Summer 2012.Special thanks to Linnea Good for the use of her song "Who Am I" (unknown origin) from the album Swimmin' Like a Bird. Visit Linnea's website here ». Dan Hines, Linnea Good and David Jonsson are leading the worship and music for Week 4 2013
Compare and Contrast! See how much of a bargain Sorrento Centre cabanas are compared to the similar walled camping tents erected by the national parks "oTent-ic" program. For a description of the Parks Canada facility, plus suggestions, rules, and accomodation, reservation and site entry fees see here » . For information on Sorrento's Cabanas, see here »
Map of the Sorrento Centre campus online here »
View a gallery of all the web page banner headings here »